Platinum Professional Training is committed to helping students, graduates, industry professionals and job seekers to get their ideal job or much wanted promotion!
As a leading training provider with offices across the country, the team at Platinum Professional Training is committed to helping as many people as possible to make the leap into an accounting and finance career so they can be positive and contributing members of society and enjoy the benefits and rewards of the dynamic industry.
Easy to choose programs
There are many accounting training and internships programs on the market which are complex and confusing. At Platinum Professional Training the process is simple.
Platinum’s point of difference
1. Platinum trains interns using their own company data and work stations.
2. Platinum places interns into a real work environments where every intern is placed side by side with professional Accountants under close supervision so the opportunity to learn, grow and ask questions is maximised.
3. All interns are provided with administrative and tutor support and intranet.
4. Free CV Appraisal – Every intern is provided with resume services by a professional recruitment consultant. Platinum also provides a range of working CV templates.
5. Platinum boasts a highly qualified and experienced team of people who are leaders in their fields. Platinum’s trainer have over 10 years experience in working for small, medium and large-scale organisations in Australia.
6. You get value for your money. MYOB and Excel Training are fully included in our Assistant Accountant Program. You do not have to take up separate programs just to master these software packages.
7. After-sales service: We provide on-going support to all our candidates and also provide an intranet. Our past, present and potential candidates all receive interview feedback from our trainees on a regular basis. This means that you can prepare for your interview well ahead.
8. We develop your hands-on technical skills showing you what is done in a real working environment and how it is done. We show you month-end approaches used by Australian companies. We show you how to answer technical and behavioural interview questions.
9. Our training schedules are flexible. We accommodate family, work and other commitments without any hassles.
10. We train in small groups to maximize individual attention.
11. We offer repeat classes at no additional cost.
Gaining the right amount of theoretical knowledge is essential; however we have always known the plain truth: there is no substitute for practical experience. This is why we have designed our practical training program to enable graduates to experience a real, work environment.
Who is this program designed for?
This practical training program, specially designed by Platinum Professional Training, suits anyone who has some accounting knowledge/background.
The Training is also suitable for accountants who need to perform advanced accounting duties or for people from overseas seeking to gain experience in an Australian accounting firm.
Assistant Accountant Program Target Audience
- People from overseas requiring work experience in an Australian accounting work environment.
- Accounting students who are still studying in university, studying in TAFE or just graduating.
- Accounts Clerks who have limited working experience in small/medium companies.
- Approximately 3 months part time
- MYOB, Xero, Saasu and Excel
- FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
Relevant in applying for the following roles:
- Assistant Accountant, Accounts Office, Bookkeeper, Junior Accountant
Topic 1 Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- AP control procedures in small/large organisation
- Matching, batching and coding
- Processing invoices and payments
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Preparing an invoice summary as a backup for an accounting team
Topic 2 Credit Card Reconciliation
- Credit card control procedures
- Preparing credit card approval summary spreadsheet
- Processing charges and payments
- Reconciling credit card accounts
Topic 3 Bank Reconciliation
- Processing transactions under different scenarios eg How to deal with refunds and Direct Debits
- Reconciling accounts
- Running ageing reports for monthly payment run
- Understanding the M-Powered Service Centre
Topic 4 Business Activity Statement
- Detailed information for Business Activity Statement items, eg FBT, PAYG, LCT
- Running GST Reports, both summary and detailed
- Calculating GST Collected and GST Paid amounts
- Filling and lodging BAS
Topic 5 Payroll
- Set-up payroll function
- Set-up Employee Cards
- Calculating entitlements like sick leave and holiday leave
- Accrued leave
- Calculating Superannuation and PAYG
- Processing payroll
Topic 6 Inventory
- Bookkeeping for stock management
- Setting up item register
- Periodic stocktake and adjustment
- Issue purchase order
- Receive and post purchase order
Topic 7 Prepayment
- Understanding the monthly work flow
- Updating prepayment spreadsheet for General Ledger reconciliation purpose
- Recording journal entries
- Running balance sheet reports
Topic 8 Fixed Asset Register
- Calculating depreciation under Straight Line and Diminishing Value Method
- Updating Fixed Asset Register
- Use of check-points on the spreadsheet
- Recording journal entries
Topic 9 Accruals
- Comparing actual and budget values
- Running relevant reports, Profit & Loss statements and Balance Sheet
- Accrual procedures for both small and listed companies
- Using V-Look up function
- Understanding the concept of forward dated invoices
Topic 10 Cost Centre Analysis
- Procedures of setting up cost centres for companies
- Understanding the relevance of different cost centers
- Performing analysis using Flash Reports
- Generating Pivot Tables
- Writing a business email
Topic 11 Accounting System Comparison: SAP and Xero
- Comparison of all types of accounting software
- Introduction to SAP FICO module
- Xero set up file and bank feed
- Xero accounts payable and accounts receiveable
- Xero GL reconciliations
- Preparation of BAS in Xero
Topic 12 Individual Tax Return & Company Tax Return
- Understanding of Australian taxation law
- Introduction to various tax structures
- Income, deductions, offset and lodgement
- Outline of the Individual returns process
- Outline of the Company returns process
Our Tax Accountant Program covers 6 modules and will provide you with strong foundational knowledge on tax returns for individuals, companies, partnerships and Trusts.
NOTE: The training for this course is conducted by a Registered Tax Agent and CPA Public Practice. It is not conducted by a Registered Training Organisation.
- Approximately 2 months part time
- Software Assistant including General Ledger and Excel
Relevant in applying for the following roles:
Module 1 Tax Entities & Planning
1. General info regarding tax entities and structures
- Individual tax return calculation
- Partnership tax return calculation
- Company tax return calculation
- Trust tax return calculation
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
2. Tax planning and tax advice
Module 2 Individual Tax Return & Case Study
1. Detailed info regarding individual tax return calculation and lodgement
2. Go through labels on Individual Tax Return Forms – 2015, i.e. income, deduction, offset, Medicare etc.
3. Individual Tax Return Case Study on Tax Assistant
4. Employee with group certificate & work related deductions
5. Sole trader with business income & expenses
6. Individual with rental properties
7. Brief internship tasks for individual tax return
Module 3 Partnership Tax Return & Case Study
1. Detailed info regarding partnership tax return. E.g. calculation, distribution and lodgement
2. Go through major contents on Partnership Tax Return Forms – 2015, i.e. income, expense, gross profit, profit distribution
3. Partnership Tax Return Case Study on Tax Assistant
4. Calculate partnership income
5. Calculate partnership expense
6. Calculate partnership profitability
7. Partnership profit distribution
8. Apply partnership profit to individual partners
9. Calculate partner’s tax liability after partnership profit distribution
10. Brief internship tasks for partnership return
Module 4 Trust Tax Return & Case Study
1. Establishing the trust and pros & cons of the trust
2. Family trust v business trust
3. Detailed info regarding trust tax return. E.g. calculation, distribution & lodgement
4. Go through major contents of Trust Tax Return Forms – 2015, i.e. income, expense, gross profit, profit distribution
5. Trust tax Return Case Study on Tax Assistant
6. Calculate trust income
7. Calculate trust expense
8. Calculate trust profitability
9. Trust profit distribution
10. Apply trust profit to individual partners
11. Calculate beneficiaries’ tax liability after Trust profit distribution
12. Brief internship tasks for family trust return
Module 5 Company Tax Return
1. Establishing the company and pros & cons of the company
2. Director’s duty
3. Detailed info regarding company tax return. E.g. calculation & lodgement
5. Relationship between BAS/IAS; Payroll & Tax Return
6. Go through major contents of Company Tax Return Forms – 2015, i.e. income, expense, gross profit,
7. Lodgement deadlines
8. Tax implication for companies
Module 6 Company Tax Return Case Study & SMSF Introduction
1. Company tax Return Case Study on Tax Assistant
2. Client’s MYOB bookkeeping Record
3. Recode MYOB codes to Tax Assistant codes
4. Record General Ledger in Tax Assistant
5. Run Financial Reports, notes to accounts compilation reports in Tax Assistant
6. Import General ledger to tax return
7. Pass audit/validation test
8. Finalise return and send to client for sign off
9. Tax planning for following year
10. Brief introduction of SMSF & financial planning
11. Pros & Cons of SMSF
12. Brief internship tasks for family company return